Monday, July 16, 2007

My Dutch Frames are finished...

As some of you may know I am crazy about altering frames. Last week (or maybe the week before - it is all blurring together) I made frames for my Sister-In-Law and her two daughters.

Today I made one for my Mother-In-Law and now I can get the package ready to send out to The Netherlands.

I hope they all enjoy their frames. If not, we only go over there every few years, so they can just dig them out when we come and act like they are always out. hee hee

It is very similar to Marielle's (my SIL). I just used a different kind of flower and patterned paper. I am one of those people that when I find a formula I like, I stick with it. :)

Supplies:
Patterned Paper - DCWV
Chipboard Letters - K&Company (painted them purple)
Flowers - $ Tree (see hints below for more info)
Buttons - WalMart
Floss - DMC
Paint - Hobby Lobby
Frame - Michael's $ Frame
Adhesive - ModPodge, Zots and Martha Stewart Glue

Hints / Tips:
To make the flowers coordinate with my exact shade of purple I cut the flowers of a lei I bought at $ Tree and painted the petals. I then added a coat of ModPodge to protect the paint.

1 comment:

DEBBY said...

very nice frame!!!I think they'll love them!