Wednesday, October 8, 2008

National Card Making Weekend at PC{A) - Part 1

Wow, was I busy creating this past weekend!!!

We celebrated National Card Making Day all weekend at Paper Crafters {Anonymous}. There were games, challenges and tutorials posted throughout the weekend. So much fun!

Here are the items I made for my challenges and tutorial...

Scavenger Hunt
I posted a list on Friday of 8 items each participant must find in their crafting stash.

Here is what I asked for...
Something Square
Something Round
Something Flowery
Something Found
Some Bling
Some String
A Punch
A Bunch

Here are the items I grabbed from my stash...



What the ladies didn't know is that what they found was going to be used for my next challenge....

Use It or Lose It
I named my challenge this because if each of the 8 treasures wasn't used in some way, they would not be in the drawing for a RAK.

Here is what I made with my treasures...
I used my "found" mini CD case to create a desktop display. The photo is of my daughter and I can easily change out the page each month, each season, whenever I want.

Even though I hinted a bit that the items they found may be used later on, there were still some hilarious combinations of "treasures".

Lisa had a laughable assortment of items (and yes I can say this, she is my sister) from a metal fish embellishment, to halloween stamps and flower gems. I figured her card would be hideous (and so did she), but she ended up creating this, and it wasn't hideous at all...


My tutorial is actually being featured at SheetLoad over the next couple of days, so head on over there and check it out.

No comments: