Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Unity's Wednesday Challenge

I blogged last week about falling in love with Unity Stamp Company. Well, guess what?! My first stamps from them arrived this weekend!!!

Tonight I got my first chance to ink them up when I played along with the Customer/Fan Wednesday Challenge.

Jessica chose today's challenge to create a non-A2 card. Since I made a square card this weekend for a WCMD challenge, I scraplifted my own work for the layout. :)

Here is what my final creation looks like...


The clear card base is 4.25" square when folded. Inside I have a 3.5" square fold-over card (the message could be written here). The "tab" that holds the 'autumn splendor' sentiment extends beyond the edge of the card base. I added some brown stickles to the heart on the middle tree.

You can find links to other cards made for this challenge here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388555

Supplies:
Clear Card Base -
ShortCuts
Stamps -
Unity Stamp Company September KOTM
Sheer Gold Ribbon - Hobby Lobby
Burgandy Twine - WalMart
Patterned Paper - Unknown
Cardstock - DCWV
Ink - Sepia (Ranger, I think)

Glitter - Stickles

6 comments:

Lisa McDowell said...

Very cute one...

Sherry said...

Very pretty!!

Heather the Mooselover said...

Great card- I LOVE those trees.

Jamie Martin said...

This is so pretty, love the paper piecing :)

marlenelo said...

this is beautiful...

AJ said...

Well I am glad you are enjoying your new stamps!! you'll have to stop by our forum on Thursday's- lots of fun and giveaways!!
love your card btw- our customers are the best!