Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May '09 SheetLoad - Butterflies

It is time to share another set of cards I created for the May '09 issue of SheetLoad of Cards!



For this set I created 3-D butterflies to add some dimension to the fronts of the cards.



To create the 3-D effect... First I stamped the butterflies in black, on the green paper strip, and then again on a patterned paper. I trimmed the butterflies out of the patterned paper, used a glue-line on the center of each butterfly, adhered the cut-out butterflies on top of the stamped ones, and folded the wings up. Ta-da!

Supplies:
Stamps: There She Goes (Butterfly Happiness); Patterned Paper: Target; Die Cut: Spellbinders (Nestabilities - Labels Three); Ink: StazOn (Black)

1 comment:

It's Me, Nikki! (aka NCSUnikki) said...

Alicia, this is beautiful! I love the 3D butterflies-- I've never made a clear card, but I really want to try one out! Thanks for the inspiration :) I nominated you for a blog award... Come by my blog to pick it up! Hugs, Nikki