Monday, June 8, 2009

Be Yourself - CAS18

I have been checking out the challenges at SCS lately. The Clean and Simple challenges, seem to be my style.



Today's challenge, CAS18, was to use Coral/Pink with Kraft and one other color. I chose to use light pink and then white for my accent color.

The idea for the "clear strip" came from Barbara. She was describing a card to me over the phone tonight, and I just had to try it for this challenge.

Here is a detailed view of the clear strip...



I used my Creative Memories Wavy Trimmer to cut about a 1.25" section out of the front of the card. I then adhered a clear strip from a ShortCuts Clear Full Sheet in the blank space. A background stamp was then used, with White StazOn, to create the decoration on the clear part.

TFL!

Supplies:
Stamps: CTMH (Be Yourself), JudiKins; Cardstock: Wausau (Kraft), Unknown (Pink & White); Ink: VersaMark, StazOn (Opaque White), Ranger (Sepia); Gems: Darice; Wavy Trimmer: Creative Memories; Other: Pink Embossing Powder

2 comments:

It's Me, Nikki! (aka NCSUnikki) said...

Alicia, that clear strip rocks!!! I totally have to try that! Great job on the CAS challenge!

Barbara DeBose said...

Love your curvy stamped version of the clear strip! Nice job! :)