Sunday, July 12, 2009

Faux Tile Background - Sympathy Card

One of my friend's recently lost her Grandfather. I thought I would send her a little card to let her know I am thinking of her, and keeping her entire family in my prayers.



I took inspiration for the background from this card on SCS. It was a messy and tedious job creating the "faux tile" background, but I like the way it turned out.



This is the first time (that I can remember) that I finished the inside of a card. I keep seeing insides of cards that look gorgeous, so I thought I would try it out. This also gives me room to write without it having the dark, kraft, background.



Supplies:
Patterned Paper: BasicGrey; Cardstock: Waussau (Kraft), Bazzill (Pink), Unknown (Green); Stamps: Unity (March '09 KOTM), Autumn Leaves (Flourishes), Cornish Heritage Farms (sentiment); Die Cuts: Spellbinders; Twill: Stampin' Up!; Brads: Paper Studio

4 comments:

Stamping Mutt said...

This card came out so beautifully - very peaceful and perfect for a sympathy card! I love the faux tile technique. I've only done this on two cards...you just have to remember how to piece it all back together! Thanks for sharing!

Alma =)

Yvette said...

Your card turned out beautifully! Love the faux tile look. :)

Gloria said...

wow, great card!!! I love that background!! will definitely have to try this!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi
I saw your card on Twopeas. I love it. Sometimes when I have no idea what to make I challenge my self. Say random number e.g card on page 10 nr.10. This is how I found your card. So I hope you are ok if I scraplift it because it´s my inspiration for today.
Thanks alot
Ásta in Iceland