Monday, September 7, 2009

Some Non-Paper Crafts...

...but I did use my Cricut!!!

If you have insomnia sometimes, like I do, you have probably seen the Cricut Expression infomercial where they make tons of stuff using the Cricut. Among other things they show how to cut fabric using the Cricut and apply it to other material.

I decided to implement this idea on a few items yesterday and here are the results...

For the first project I made personalized pillows for a couple of my daughter's friends. We are going to see them at a picnic today, so I thought it would be nice to take a little gift.

I used the font 'chick' on these and chose some different colored, bright fabrics for their names. Next on my list is to do one for my daughter, but her name has 9 letters, so I have to work my way up to that.

(note to self: next time take the pictures before you fold and roll them up like a gift..)

For my next project I was just going to buy a plain black canvas bag, but after I saw the canvas 'messenger bags' at WalMart, I had to buy it instead. I love that it has a zipper and a little pocket on the inside.

Our MOPS group starts back up tomorrow, so I wanted a bag to carry my MOPS-meeting-necessities (pen, notebook, info folder, gifts for secret sister, etc...).

I cut the MOPS logo out of a black and white material and then ironed it onto the bag. When it is over your shoulder you can still see the MOPS logo. I made one for a friend as well, I hope she likes it as much as I do.

Supply List:
Iron On Material: Heat N Bond - Heavy Weight (comes pre-packaged at WalMart); Other: Pillowcases, material, Cricut, Sure Cuts A Lot

5 comments:

Gloria said...

Love them! The bags are terrific!
Great work.

Stamping Mutt said...

Alicia: Holy Moly! Love these projects...I've been thinking about making my kids small pillows for school and this is perfect. Haven't used my Cricut in ages! I hope this will work on the small one though. My son's name has 8 letters in it so I have to figure out a way to shorten it a bit. Thanks for the inspiration!

Alma =)

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Wow, wow, wow!! These are fantastic!

Barbara DeBose said...

check you out Martha Stewart!!!!

Heather the Mooselover said...

Cute projects!