Thursday, November 5, 2009

Sweet N Sassy Stamps - Week 1 - Card 1

I am so excited to be sharing my first creation as one of the November Guest Artists on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamp blog!!!!



If you came here via my post on the SNSS blog- welcome! I hope you will enjoy the additional details and information I am giving here on my post.

If you haven't been over to the Sweet 'n Sassy blog yet, I hope you will stop by to see this creation, and the ones by Laura Williams (the other November Guest Artist) posted earlier in the week.



I chose Sweet 'n Sassy Stamp's Pick of the Harvest Digital Stamp Set for this card because the little girl reminds me a bit of my own daughter. She is on the petite side, so most things are a 'get on your tippy toes' reach away; just like the apples are for the girl in this image.



This digital stamp set comes with three great sentiments, so for this card I hand-cut the "Happy Fall" sentiment and matted it with coordinating patterned paper. For extra depth I used foam tape to adhere the sentiment to the card.

To get the fun shape that the main image is on, I cut only one edge of the image block using a Spellbinders die. The green scalloped strip was hand-stitched onto the card, after I used my piercing guide to pre-punch the holes.

I repeated the scalloped edge on the right edge of the front. Since you could then see the inside of the card, I added a small strip of green coordinating paper on the inside.

The felt apple embellishment was ran through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots embossing folder and then some glitter was added. For even more glitter 'bling' I colored over the apples in the tree with my glitter pen, as well.

I'll be back tomorrow with another card that uses this same digital stamp set.

Supplies:
Digital Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy (Pick of the Harvest); Patterned Paper & Cardstock: s•e•i (Dill Blossom); Inks: Laser Printer; Glitter Pen: Sakura (Stardust); Markers: Neopiko-2 Deleter; Floss: DMC; Cutting Die: Spellbinders (Labels 4); Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots); Border Punch: Fiskars (Threading Water); Felt Apple: Target $ Spot

4 comments:

Gloria said...

Love the card and it does remind me of our girl now that you mention it.

Kelly Landers said...

Cute card Alicia!! Great job so far Guest Designing! Can't wait to see what else is up your sleeve!!

Nancy said...

What a Gorgeous card. I love all of the detail you put into it.

Melyssa said...

Wow sweet card! At first I thought it was a book then I saw all your sewing! Holy cow! Super stitching skills!