Friday, November 13, 2009

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps - Week 2 - Card 2



It is time for another Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps creation. You can check out the other pieces I have done as one of the November Guest Artists by visiting my posts on their blog. While you're there make sure to check out the creations by Laura Williams, my co-guest artist this month. Make sure to leave us both some 'love'.  :)


Today's creation is a pocket card that uses their Harvest Fruits digital stamp set. The pocket card layout was inspired by the December '08 SheetLoad of Cards. Instead of making it a card that opens, I glued the edges shut and inserted a card into the pocket.


When the card is pulled out, it leaves the scalloped "Harvest Blessings" sentiment behind. I colored both of the sentiment blocks so they would coordinate with the rest of the card. That saves me having to run a whole sheet of cardstock through the printer.


I colored and cut out the horn-of-plenty image and adhered it with pop-dots. The lace trim has a strip of striped paper running through it. Last, but certainly not least, I added some gems for bling. :)

I will be back again, with even more creations using Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I am so glad they picked me as one of the guest artists; it is loads of fun!

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (Harvest Fruits); Patterned Paper: DCWV (Indian Summer Fall Stack; Cardstock: Neenah; Ink: Laser Printer; Markers: COPIC, Neopiko-2 Deleter; Lace Trim: Unknown; Gems: Darice; Border Punch: Martha Stewart (Doily)

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Lovely card. I really like the way you did the pocket card! Love the lace.