Friday, November 20, 2009

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps - Week 3 - Scrapbook Layout



For today's project as one of the November Guest Artists at the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps blog, I wanted to create something that wasn't a card. As an added challenge I decided to use their Turkey Day stamp set in a very non-Thanksgiving way.



I created this 6" x 6" mini scrapbook layout in honor of my daughter, who I am very thankful for. This has always been one of my favorite photos of her. Since she is such a 'cutie pie', I decided to use the pie image from the stamp set to create a word picture to represent this.


Once again I used my Bow Easy tool. I topped off the pink grosgrain bow with the "Thankful for you!" sentiment, which is just one of many sentiments in the set. To add a little bling I placed 3 small gems below the text. This also hid the fact I didn't stamp quite center. :)


You can read more about this project, as well as my other pieces as one of the November Guest Artists, over on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps blog. Leave a little 'love' if you have time. :)

Supplies:
Stamps: Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (Turkey Day - discontinued), Studio G (Cutie Pie sentiment); Patterned Paper: BasicGrey; Cardstock: Neenah (Natural Ice), Stampin' Up!; Ribbon: WalMart; Gems: Target $ Spot; Markers: COPIC

3 comments:

Gloria said...

Love the page! Seems like only yesterday when I took that pic.
She is a cutie pie and I am thankful for her also.

Kelly Landers said...

This is so cute!! It is frameable Alicia!! I love it!!

Barbara DeBose said...

Ohh this is soooo beautiful!!!