Monday, December 7, 2009

December SheetLoad Sample - You Rock

I am so excited to start sharing my samples with you from the latest (and LAST!!) issue of SheetLoad of Cards - December '09.

The first sample I am going to share is my 'You Rock' card. I thought this would make a nice card for a teen / tween boy. It seems like this is the most difficult type of card for me to make, but the Guitar Boy digital stamp from Doodle Palace, made it such a snap.


The sketch from this month's issue called for 3 different patterned papers to be used for the background. Since I didn't have three 'boyish' papers that matched, I used the same pattern for all three pieces. Then I inked the edges of each to show there they start/end.


For the main image, I used the spotlight technique. I only colored a portion of the image, then adhered that (with foam tape) to a non-colored copy of the image. I thought this really kept the focus on the guitar playing.

I will be back next week with another sample, but until then feel free to head over to the SheetLoad blog to download your FREE copy of the December '09 issue! Just click on the thumbnail below...

1 comment:

cstony134 said...

Love the little boy on this card. Where is he from? Sooooo cute !!! But I am partial to little boys !!!!