Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Isn't the Crafty Blog World So Wonderful and Small?!

For a few months now I have been seeing cardmaking bloggers post pictures that show their cards being help up by, since I had no idea what they were, something that resembled a bed of nails. A small, round, bed of nails. Do you know what I am talking about?!

Many times I would leave a comment, hoping they would let me know what the contraption was called, or where you can get them. Nobody ever replied...

Until today!!!!

I saw some lovely cards on Charlene's Willow & Paisley blog that were being held up by the bed of nails 'thing'. I decided to try one more time to leave a comment asking about the unique holder. Guess what? It worked!!

Within hours Charlene had replied to my email with the name and possible places for me to purchase one. We have emailed a few times already and I discovered she has heard of my other blogs and is a good online friend with Carla, who has been on both of my design teams.

If you are interested in knowing what I am talking about when I say 'bed of nails thing', they are actually called Flower/Floral Frogs and I was able to find some on both etsy and ebay.

Here is the item I purchased. I can't wait to get it in my hot little hands. :)



Thanks again, Charlene, for all of your wonderfully sweet help!

5 comments:

Barbara DeBose said...

You should have asked me. :) I knew what they were from Dawn McVey's blog. I'm glad you finally figured it out. The vintage ones are soooo cool!

ScrapinShana said...

Wow! I'm so glad you posted this! I too have always wondered what those thingys were that people used to display their cards! I was just too afraid to ask...now I can try and find one too. Thanks!! =)

Gail S. said...

I didn't know that they still were available! I have been hunting antique stores for a couple of years looking for one! Thanks for filling us in on this.

Tameko said...

Thanks for the info on these little treasures. I have been interested in purchasing one of these to display cards for quite some time. And, I purchased my floral frog today!

moralia said...

I've seen some really pretty vintage ones too! Enjoy your "frog" Alicia.. lol!!!