Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fishing Tackle Card - Doodle Palace


Earlier this week I shared a card using the new Doodle Palace Tucker & Tabitha set and now it is time to share with you a card using their other new release - Fishing Stuff.

As I mentioned, masculine cards are not my forte, but I have to say the Doodle Palace images this week, made them a lot easier to produce. For this card I used some new paper from My Mind's Eye, then colored the fishing gear using colors from the papers.


The sentiment, from a Cloud9 stamp set, was die cut and matted using Spellbinders' Regular and Scalloped Ovals. To bring out the yellow in the papers, I used gold colored hemp and a gold colored matte for the sentiment.

The button is clear and I was able to punch a circle from the background paper to adhere to the back. I thought it was a nice way to tie in all of the papers.

Digital Stamps: Doodle Palace (Fishing Stuff); Sentiment Stamp: Cloud9 (Memories); Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Home); Markers: Deleter Neopiko2; Die Cut: Spellbinders (Ovals, Scalloped Ovals); Border Punch: Fiskars (Upper Crest); Other: Clear Button, Hemp

10 comments:

Lisa B said...

I just love the coloring on this card! You did such a great job! But that doesn't surprise me!!!

Katie Skiff said...

Very cute!! You did a great job coloring, but the layout is also very nice!! Have a great weekend Alicia!

Lacey Stephens said...

I love the button element!! Great job on the masculine card!! They are so hard for most of us, but you did a great job!
~Lacey
www.stampandcreate.com

Gloria said...

Great coloring and a great masculine card! TFS!

craft_princess said...

This turned out great! Love the colors and layout!

Tracy said...

Love this card. Love how you tied in all the colours.

Marlene said...

Very cute card! "Masculine" cards are not my forte, either, but you rocked this one!

Kellylouj said...

Such a good job, I need more practise at male inspired cards xx

Crafty Creations said...

Great job with this card! VERY masculine! Love what you did with the button and the coloring is beautiful!
Maria

Lesley from WI said...

Great masculine card! Love the colors!