Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Know How to Color Now!

For months I have tried to watch and read everything online about how to use COPICs and the theory behind the colors. I tried a lot, and recently have gotten usable results, but they still left me kind of baffled. When I saw that Sally Lynn MacDonald would be teaching a class locally, I jumped at the chance to go!


Yesterday, finally, I was able to get a grasp on the coloring formula and now I know in theory how to color and shade to get the best results. Now is the fun part - practicing... lots! :)

Ms. MacDonald (pictured with my friend Melissa and me above) was a wonderful instructor. She was genuinely so excited about the products, that all of the ladies in the class, couldn't help but be excited too. Not only did we get to see all of the basics, but she shared many neat ideas and samples to inspire us further.

If you have a chance to take a class locally, I suggest you do it.

7 comments:

ScrapinShana said...

That is awesome girl! I would LOVE to go to a class like this and learn to color!

Gloria said...

So glad that the class was fun and that you learned to use your copics better!!!!

Dawn B. said...

Oh how wonderful.. I think this is a great way to understand how they work.. My friend Peggy took a class today...

Melyssa said...

I'm so excited for you Alicia! It sounds like you had an amazing experience! Can't wait to see what you do with your new skills!

Kelly Landers said...

Yeah!! Congrats on being Copics certified!! How much fun you are going to have practicing! You can steal the badge image off of my blog if you want to post it on yours! :-)

Nicole said...

I am so happy for ya! Can't wait to see ya shine in our next release! HEY, I thought I would be able to find your address on the DT blog, but can't, can you email it to me? SHAME ON ME, I haven't send your candy yet! The snow kept me home bound, then I forgot!

THANKS and hugs!
nicole

Thanh said...

Congrats on becoming Copic certified!