Monday, March 22, 2010

Artful INKables Blog Hop!!


Welcome to the Artful INKables blog hop! We are celebrating the March release at Artful INKables with 4 wonderful sets and a super fun new mini set!

If you haven’t come here from Dawn’s Blog, be sure to hop on over to the Artful INKables Blog, you don’t want to miss anything for today’s hop!

Today I am sharing some gift packaging I created using the brand new In My Garden set. This set comes with some fabulous gardening-themed images and sentiments.


I recently bought a necklace for a friend, that I wanted to package in a unique way. I decided to make a card holder for the necklace and inserted it into a hand-made vellum 'seed packet'.


I just love the way the vellum allows the inner card to show through when the package is put together.


To create the seed packet, I hand cut and scored a full sheet of vellum. Once it was glued together I stamped the 'Garden Seeds' image from the stamp set on the front with StazOn. Next the image was masked off, so I could use the 'flower trio' stamp to create the border, without stamping on top of the seed packet image. The same flowers were added to the back flap of the seed packet as well.


I kept the inner necklace folder pretty simple. I added a sentiment from the In My Garden set that reads "Plant Seeds of Happiness & Watch A Friendship Grow" to the front and on the inside I adhered the carded necklace.

The necklace has the inscription "thankful that your path crossed mine"; which is part of the quote on the bottom of the necklace card. Here is a closeup of the inscription.


Make sure to comment on every one's blog, because two lucky commenters will win some AI stamps! One will win In My Garden and Epic Tales, and the other will win Peacock Pagentry and Paisleys & Peacocks. Please leave your comments by Thursday, March 25th, 12 midnight Eastern Standard Time. The winners will be chosen on Friday, March 26th.

Thank you for participating in today’s blog hop, now hop on over to Michelle’s blog and enjoy the rest of this wonderful release!

Stamps: Artful INKables (In My Garden); Patterned Paper: BasicGrey (Nook & Pantry); Cardstock: Wausau (Kraft); Necklace: Target; Ink: StazOn (Saddle Brown); Paper Punch: EK Success (Circles), Unknown (Corner Rounder); Border Punch: Martha Stewart: Flourish; Other: Gems, Vellum

41 comments:

Sammi said...

Awesome! I really love your creations! What a fun idea to put the necklace into the seed packet :D
Sammi
xxx

Suzette said...

This is fab I am loving this hop, some of the blogs have not posted anything yet, just to let you know.

StampinCathy said...

This is one creative and inspiring project. Love how you added the necklace to the seed package. What a great gift.

Therese said...

The thoughtfulness you put into each aspect of this has just blown me away! I love how you've given it your own style and meaning! Your friend will love it :)

pezadoodle said...

i think this is SUCH a cute project!!!!

Gloria said...

Lovely card and gift! Your find is lucky to have a friend like you.

Deborah Young said...

LOVE your vellum seed packet! Consider it lifted! :-)

Dawn said...

These are wonderful projects! I love them!!! way to go!

Patti said...

I so love this! Love the vellum and the whole package! So very creative!

sgc said...

I love the seed packs! They would be so perfect for my granddaughter, who just loves to garden (doesn't take after her g'ma!)

Joy said...

Gorgeous, how creative, love it all~

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

What a fabulous way to present a special gift!! Great job, Alicia!!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Your creations are gorgeous...absolutely love that seed packet envelope...would be so perfect for my sister!

Jackie said...

This is so darn pretty! What a great way to package a gift like that too!

Kim said...

Beautiful! I love how you used the vellum for the gift!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awwww this is sooo sweet!!! I love the colors, and the design of this!! Beautiful job hun, and love the necklace tooo :)

Hugs,
Cheryl

LilGreenBug said...

Wow!!What a talented lady!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Hugs!
Linda

wendy said...

Pretty card, neat way to give a gift.

mary said...

Cute Idea! I would love to be your friend & receive such clever items.
mdot kdot schmidt athotmail dotcom

craft_princess said...

Great work..love it all!!

Stampin_melissa said...

Great projects! What a wonderful way to package up your friend's gift!

Melis said...

Fabulous! I love how you used vellum to do the seed packet. Beautiful work!

Lynda said...

What a clever project. I am sure your friend will love it.

Betty Benton said...

What a beautiful presentation for a wonderful gift!

PamS said...

This is such a nice project. Your friend will love it.

Sherry Campbell said...

Wow- this is totally FANTASTIC!

raindropecho said...

Absolutely beautiful - from the envelope to the card. What a creation!

Velta said...

Oh Wow!!! So innovative...You have used a great idea here...So much fun!!

kaye.churchill said...

I love how you have used the vellum for this project

AprilsL8 said...

So sweet!! What a great idea!

AprilsL8@windstream.net

Beverly Gotthardt said...

Very creative, what a nice friendship necklace, never seen one like that. Very special.

lillianchild said...

I am loving all the creativity on this blog hop, and your creations are just fabulous!

Donna said...

This is really an awesome card. Thank you for the wonderful idea.

Love the stamp set.

Donna C.
goCricutgo

Scrappy said...

What a lovely way to package a gift! Great job!

Theresa said...

Great projects ...great blog hop. TFS

Theresa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AShu93 said...

This is a really great idea! The necklace is gorgeous & that's such a creative way to give it.

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

What a nice gift for your friend! Love the wrapping!

Tanya said...

you did a great job on this! Very creative!

Charlene Austin said...

WOW! Alicia....I am in love with your vellum sead pack. Is there a tutorial for it on your blog by chance? It's amazing. And that is such a nice stamp set!!!

Such a thoughtful gift. Anyone would be thrilled to receive this.

p.s....did you ever receive your flower frog?

Alicia a.k.a. Crafty Al said...

Charlene, I don't have a tutorial. I just kinda measured, cut and scored the envelope by hand... not much help, huh?! :( Maybe one day I will do another and take pictures along the way.

I did get my flower frog... just don't use it in many pics. :)