Monday, March 29, 2010

Game On! Artful INKables


Mondays on my blog now = Artful INKables!!! If you missed my AI posts last week, I hope you will check them out. For today's post I am using another one of the fabulous new sets - Game On! This mini set, which retails for only $5.00, includes 3 poker-related images and a sentiment.


Last week I came upon the thumbnail image of Katie Pertiet's Stuffed Edge Photo Frames Digital Frame kit. I can't remember how I found it, but as soon as I did I thought 'this would make a great layout for a card'. Since it also resembled a hand of playing cards it was perfect for the new Game On set.

I stamped each of the 3 images onto white cardstock in dark pink and black inks. To get a more muted color for the ink I stamped off first. I then used my square punch to cut out just a portion of each stamped image. Since the dice stamp was smaller, it required a few stamps on each square. Before they were adhered to the card front, I inked the edges of each piece.


All of the squares were tucked behind the black cardstock, except the red playing cards one. That one was covered with Diamond Glaze and then adhered with 3-D foam dots.


Before adding the layer of Diamond Glaze to my playing cards aquare, I went over the lines/shapes with my glitter pen. This was also done to the dots on the dice, as shown above. To add some more dimension/interest to the gray strip of paper I stamped the dice with watermark ink and then embossed it. The sentiment was die cut and then tied onto the card front with some dark pink hemp cord.

This card would make a fantastic 'Girls Poker Night' invite, or even for a 'Guys' night. The dark pink on the patterned paper is close enough to red to work for a masculine card as well.

Make sure to visit the rest of the INKgirls' blogs to see what they are doing with the new releases. All of their blogs are linked in the left sidebar. I will be back next week with even more AI deliciousness!!

Rubber Stamps: Artful INKables (Game On); Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Smitten Lovely Dots); Inks: VersaColor (Burgundy), Memento (Tuxedo Black), VersaMark; Hemp Cord: The Beadery; Glitter: Sakura Gelly Roll (Clear Star); Die Cut: Spellbinders (Ribbon Tags Trio); Embossing: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots); Paper Punch: Paper Shapers (1 3/8" Square); Adhesive: ATG, Glue Dots (Mini), Stampin' Up! (Dimensionals); Other: JudiKins Diamond Glaze

7 comments:

Gloria said...

Love this card and the stamps are so fun!!! Great job!

Kim said...

I love this card, all the texture and the cards tucked in look so perfect together!

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Great card!!

Melis said...

Love this card!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Fabulous use of this set! Great job!

Patti said...

I love the layout.. so awesome!

raindropecho said...

Wow, this is great, Alicia! Such a fun card with lots of elements to it!