Saturday, March 20, 2010

Paws I Care Challenge


Join Whimsie Doodles and Paper Craft Planet for the 'Paws I Care' challenge, this Saturday, March 20th through Saturday, March 27th, 2010.

PCP challenge Blinkie

To play along you must create a card using this sketch:


The card must contain an animal, any animal from any company. If you don’t have any pet images Whimsie Doodles has a brand new digi set called “Paws I Care”. You can purchase this adorable set starting today in their online store for only $5.00. And guess what?!?! All proceeds from the sale of this set will go directly to a local SPCA!

To enter: Upload your card to the PCP gallery {HERE} using the tag sk032010, for your chance to win a $10 gift certificate from Whimsie Doodles Stamps. A winner will be chosen next Saturday, March. 27.


I decided to play along with this challenge and created the mini card shown above. It uses one of the images and sentiments from the Paws I Care set.Since the sketch had paw prints in the background, I used a paper punch to create a paw border on the front, bottom edge.


It is difficult to see in the picture, but I added some red glitter to the puppy's heart.Both the image and sentiment were adhered to the card with foam dots, for extra dimension. To help the punched-out paws be a little more obvious when the card is closed, I added a strip of patterned paper to the inside.

I hope you will join us in this challenge!!

Digital Stamps: Whimsie Doodles (Paws I Care); Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Home); Cardstock: GinaK (White), Wausau (Kraft); Paper Punch: Paper Shapers (Paw Print); Border Punch: Stampin' Up! (Scallop); Markers: COPIC; Die Cut: Spellbinders Nestabilities; Glitter: Martha Stewart; Adhesive: ATG, Glue Dots (Memory Book), Stampin' Up! (Dimensionals); Other: Button, Twine

6 comments:

Gloria said...

Love that image and the card is adorable.

Thanh said...

LOVE that paw punch, Alicia! Clever one :P

Patti said...

This is super,super cute! And yes the paw punch is awesome!

Dawn B. said...

This is so sweet. I needed a paw punch.. it is perfect for these images.. Great job.

raindropecho said...

This is sooooo cute! I love the paws border that you've done and thanks for the information about the challenge!
- Ann

Barefootstamper said...

Absolutely adorable!!!! I really LOVE the paw print cut out!!!