Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Think Ink 16 - Happy Birthday Artful INKables!!

I am SO EXCITED to be sharing my first creation with you as an Artful INKables INKgirl!! Today's card is for the latest Think INK Challenge - Think INK 16 - which is to create a birthday card.

For today's card I used Artful INKables' Birthday Best rubber stamp set. I just loved the 'funky cake' in this set, but it also comes with a couple cute cupcakes and a birthday present; not to mention the five (5) coordinating sentiments.


The layout of this card was inspired by the latest Sketch Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers - SC271. For my version I rotated the sketch and added some extra mats. Since I cut my card base from a ShortCuts Clear Cardstock Full Sheet, I placed the red paper inside the card and then the papers on the front will hide my personal message.


The cake was colored with COPICs and I tried to add some glitter with the Spica pen, but it doesn't show up very well in the picture. For the sentiment I punched out a white cardstock and red paper mat. This is adhered to the back of the image block, which was adhered with foam dots.

As I mentioned yesterday, Artful INKables' 2nd birthday is this week and they are extending a special discount to celebrate! Make sure to enter in the Think INK 16 challenge for a chance to win a grab bag of Artful INKables stamps!! It isn't required to use AI stamps, so if you enter and win, you will get the chance to work with some of their fabulous images too.

Stamps: Artful INKables (Birthday Best); Patterned Paper: DCWV (Flower Shower Spring Matstack); Cardstock: ShortCuts (Clear); GinaK (White); Markers: COPIC, Paper Punch: EK Success (Circles); Border Punch: Stampin' Up! (Scalloped); Other: Gems

6 comments:

Kelly Landers said...

Look's great Alicia!! Congrats on the DT spot!! :-)

Jackie said...

I simply love your card for the Birthday celebration! Welcome to the team lady!

Patti said...

This is awesome! Love the colors and layers... perfect!

Katie Skiff said...

Very cute Alicia!! Congrats on your DT position

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Super cute!! Congrats on the DT spot!!

Kim said...

So cute, love how you placed the sentiment on the side!