Monday, April 26, 2010

Custom Envelope Seals - Artful INKables


Recently while using my Artful INKables Post A Note stamp set, I was thinking how it would be a great set to create envelope seals with. There are some small images and sentiments that would work well for the outside of 'happy mail'.


I just happened to have lots of these clear square label sheets laying around, so I decided to put them to good use. Each labels is approximately 1.8" square, which is almost the same exact size as the StudioG $ stamp blocks. I laid out my image and sentiment so it would fit on the clear stamp block, then used StazOn ink to stamp onto the label sheets. I tried to always line up the block with the edges of each label.


Sharpie markers were used to color in each of the images; after I let the stamped sheet set over night. The StazOn did run slightly, but if I didn't touch my markers to the lines, it worked pretty well.

Thanks for stopping by! As always, comments are much appreciated.

Stamps: Artful INKables (Post A Note); Ink: StazOn (Jet Black, Blazing Red); Markers: Sharpie; Labels: Online Labels (1.8" Clear Gloss SC Labels)

8 comments:

Gloria said...

So clever and I always like an envelope seal.

Kim said...

That is such a fun a clever idea, my envelopes never seem to seal correctly so this would be great!

Patti said...

You are amazing... and so are these labels!

pescbrico said...

what a fun and creative idea!!

raindropecho said...

Oooh I agree, great idea! Way to use these stamps!

Joy said...

this is sooo cool, great ideas for the back of envies without the stickers too!

Jackie said...

This is such a great idea! I love it, and the look so darn cute!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

What a fun idea and great way to get more miles from your stamps!