Saturday, April 24, 2010

Guest Artist - Twisted Cards #004


I was super excited to be asked to be a guest artist for the Twisted Sketches blog... I didn't hesitate to answer 'heck yes!'. Every other week they give you a great card sketch and a 'twist' - a special challenge that must be incorporated into your final project. Here is the card I came up with using this week's sketch (Twisted Cards #004) and their 'button' twist.


I used one of my favorite card making items - ShortCuts Clear Cardstock - for the card base. I just love how it adds dimension to the design and because of its transparent nature, I can put some of the sketch elements on the inside of the card and have them show through to the front. Here is a look at the card when it is closed.


I took the 'twist' pretty figuratively and added some buttons to my card. Using matching patterned paper, I adhered circles to the back of each of the clear buttons. The larger button has sheer green ribbon tied through the holes, and for the smaller buttons I used some white hemp cord.


I hope you will head on over to the Twisted Sketches blog, check out this week's sketch and play along

Challenges used for this card:
Twisted Cards #004

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are much appreciated.

Sentiment Stamp: Fiskars (Forever Friends Quotes); Cardstock: ShortCuts (Clear), Wausau (Kraft); Patterned Paper: BasicGrey (Kioshi); Ink: Ranger (Sepia); Border Punch: Fiskars (Threading Water); Hemp Cord: Fashion Naturals; Adhesive: ATG, Glue Dots (Mini, Memory Book); Other: Gem, Sheer Ribbon, Clear Buttons

5 comments:

Gloria said...

Love the card and the buttons are so clever!

Joy said...

congrats congrats, love love the card!

Muckyfingers said...

Love your card, really pretty :)

Melis said...

Congrats girl! I love the sentiment! Great card!

nancy said...

stunning work on this week's twisted card sketch!!!