Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sentimental Sundays #1 - Baby Card


One of my fellow Artful INKables design team members, Ann, has started a new challenge blog called Sentimental Sundays. Every other Sunday she provides a challenge 'theme' and challenges you to incorporate it into a card that uses a sentiment. Since I just LOVE sentiments and quotes, I played along with their Blooming Gorgeous challenge this week.


The sentiment is from Cloud 9's 'Simple Thoughts/Baby' clear stamp set. A little over a year ago I bought this at JoAnn's, along with every other theme they carried at the time. These sets come in so handy for quick cards and gifts. Recently I found a very similar set by Fiskars on Friendship - it is my new favorite.


The cute little baby is from The Greeting Farm. Since her little bonnet looks like flower petals, I thought she would be perfect for the challenge. I also added some white and pink sparkly flowers topped with pearls. Gotta have a little bling, right?!

Make sure to check the challenge out and play along if you have time.

Challenges used for this card:
Sentiment Sundays #1 - Blooming Gorgeous

Thanks for stopping by - as always, comments are much appreciated.

Rubber Stamps: Cloud9 (Simple Thoughts/Baby), The Greeting Farm (Oh Baby); Patterned Paper: BasicGrey (Green At Heart); Cardstock: Stampin' Up! (Wild Wasabi), White (GinaK); Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Markers: COPIC; Flowers: Bride's; Pearls: Hero Arts (pink), Crystal Effects (white); Border Punch: Stampin' Up! (Scalloped); Adhesive: Glue Dots (Mini), ATG

6 comments:

Gloria said...

cute and love the sentiment

Mimi said...

Totally adorable!

I'm a Welcomista & am stopping by to welcome you to SITS. I'm also hosting a giveaway on my blog if your interested in stopping by.

Have a great night!

raindropecho said...

Just look at this pretty card! Can it get any cuter? Hm, I don't think so. I love, Alicia! Thanks for playing along at Sentimental Sundays challenges :)
- Ann

Kyky said...

so cute!

Melis said...

Love this little baby card! Great job on the skin color! TFS!

Patti said...

This is bloomin beautiful! Sorry I couldn't help myself! Super cute!