Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Think INK #19 - Makeover Time


It is time for another THINK Ink Challenge on the Artful INKables blog and it just so happens to be my turn to hostess!! Over the next two weeks, I am challenge AI blog readers to 'make over' one of their
'old' cards.

For my 'makeover' I decided to update this card that I created back in January of 2008. While I still like the layout, and the partial brackets around the sentiment (thanks Stampin Kub), it was for a very somber occasion.


The new version of my card uses Artful INKables' 'Post A Note' stamp set and clear cardstock from ShortCuts for the card base. I thought these items, along with some bright BasicGrey Green At Heart paper, created a very bright and cheery card.


For added dimension to the card I placed only the sentiment block and flowers on the front of the acetate card base. Inside the main card is a smaller card that is covered with patterned paper; this inner card helps to hide the personal message.


The flowers above the sentiment come from the Post A Note set as well. I stamped 4 copies on a coordinating patterned paper and cut each one out. Two of the flowers were layered on top of each other and adhered between the other 2 copies.


The partial bracket around the sentiment was created by adhering pink paper to some thin chipboard, die cutting the bookplate shape, then snipping off the middle. This is great if your bookplate is too short or long for the sentiment - you decide how far apart to place the ends.

I hope you will check out Think INK #19 and play along. You have 2 whole weeks to get your card done. You don't have to use AI stamps, but if you do, you will get some extra entries in the prize drawing.

Challenges used for this card:
Think INK #19 - Makeover

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: Artful INKables (Post A Note); Patterned Paper: BasicGrey (Green At Heart); Cardstock: ShortCuts (Clear), Georgia Pacific (White); Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Flowers: Prima; Gems: Darice; Brads: Spare Parts; Die Cut: Sizzix (Bookplates); Adhesive: Glue Dots (Mini, Memory Book), ATG

5 comments:

Patti said...

Your remake is sooooo awesome! Love the clear card base and the bright and cheery colors!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Lovely card, Alicia!! I love the clear base and all the fabulous layers!!

Kim said...

I love both the original and the new one! Especially love the gorgeous papers for the new version.

Thanh Vo said...

I love the updated version, Alicia! Nice fresh colours for spring.

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Gorgeous! Love the layered flowers!