Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!


Happy Mother's Day! In honor of this special day, I am sharing the card I created for my mom. She has always been so important to me, but I think my appreciation and respect for her has increased a thousand-fold since I had a child of my own. Mother - what a hard, but rewarding, title to take on.


Last week's Sentimental Sundays challenge was to create a card For That Special Someone using a quote/sentiment. Because my daughter, as well as myself, LOVE to make memories with my mom I chose this quote from Cloud9's Memories stamp set. It reads:
Memories
are the most
beautiful
pictures
our minds can paint,
and
nothing
can ever erase them.


The latest sketch at Twisted Cards - #005 - looked like the perfect opportunity to create a card with a removable bookmark. My mom loves to read, I thought it would make a nice little gift she can use daily. I created a small vellum pocket for the front and the bookmark slips right down in it.


Challenges used for this card:
Sentimental Sundays #2 - For That Someone Special
Twisted Cards #005 - Twist: Ribbon

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: Cloud9 Design (Memories), PTI (Women of Life); Patterned Paper: DCWV (Linen Closet); Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (White); Ink: Ranger (Sepia); Wrinkly Ribbon: homemade; Gems: Studio18; Border Punch: Stampin' Up! (Scalloped); Other: Vellum

4 comments:

Linda said...

What a STUNNING card for your mom....she will love using this elegant bookmark!! Happy Mother's Day to you too Alicia.

raindropecho said...

I Love this Alicia, such a beautiful card! I love memories with my mother, too. Happy Mother's day to you! Thanks for entering this into the Sentimental Sundays Challenge ;)
- Ann

Anesha said...

Great card and bookmark. Such pretty papers. Anesha

Gloria said...

Alicia, thank you for the great card and I will use the bookmark and think of you.
I have loved all of the memories we have made and hope to make many more with you and your little angel
Love the card and you.