Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Just Because - DRS Designs


Even though I shared a sneak peek and link with you last week of my first DRS Designs creation, today is the first full DRS Designs post on my blog. Each Tuesday I will be here with either a sneak peek and link to my post on the DRS Designs Blog, or a full blog post using their wonderful stamps.


The background was created by stamping the Delicate Flower Background K345 2-3 times in 3 different inks; Ranger Sepia, Versamark and CTMH Colonial White. Since DRS Designs is sponsoring this month's Caardvarks challenge, I decided to play along. I added an embossed strip of kraft cardstock to the bottom of my stamped piece. To 'hide' where the two pieces meet I tied on some green grosgrain ribbon.


To finish off the card I stamped the sentiment Just Because B203 onto a thin strip of Kraft, then adhered it to either side of the card front so it formed a 'bridge' over the stamped block.


Not only is DRS Designs giving away a FREE stamp every day in June on their blog, they also have a special sale going on!! You can read all about it here.

Challenges used for this card:
Caardvarks - June Challenge Wet/Dry Embossing

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: DRS Designs (Delicate Flower Background K345, Just Because B203); Cardstock: Wausau (Kraft); Inks: Ranger (Sepia), Versamark, CTMH (Colonial White); Embossing: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots); Ribbon: Offray (Spring Moss Grosgrain); Adhesive: ATG, Stampin' Up! (Dimensionals)

10 comments:

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

beautiful card!

Katie Skiff said...

Very pretty girl. I love Kraft as a medium, you can do so much with it. Got another clear blank card on my blog today. I think I am using them more NOW that before! lol.
Have a super day!!

Karin said...

This is lovely! Well done for the challenge!

BonnieRose said...

AWESOME CARD gf.. love it!

Sandra said...

absolutely beautiful!

Love it!
Sandra

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Beautiful card, Alicia!!

Samantha said...

Great card! I love the bit of green you added - it's the perfect color!

Jennifer E. said...

Alicia, this is so pretty! Ilove the white and craft together and that bit of green makes it so elegant!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous! I love this card!

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

gorgeous card, so simple but so very sweeeet...have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*