Monday, June 14, 2010

Love Bug - Think INK 22


For last week's new Think INK Challenge (#22) on the Artful INKables blog, Ann challenged us to "Challenge Yourself". Try a new technique, create a project out of our usual comfort-zone, etc. I decided to check out the tutorials over at SCS to find a technique to try out.


I ended up choosing Brick Wall. To be honest, I have tried this technique in the past, but I either gave up or didn't like the results. I decided for this card to finish it and create a piece I liked. Because I stamped my image on the same color cardstock (Kraft) that I used for the card base I inked the edges of each 'brick' before placing it on the card. It took a bit of extra time, but I am glad I did.


For a little extra oomph and color, I stamped one of the lady bugs from the same stamp set onto kraft, cut it out by hand and then 'colored' it in with glitter and pearl puff paint. The 'love' embellishment was previously kraft-colored as well, so I added some adhesive and glitter to the front. I am still wearing the glitter today, but I like the added touch.

Make sure to check out the Think INK post on the Artful INKables blog to find out how you can play along and be entered to WIN FREE STAMPS.

Challenges used for this card:
Artful INKables - Think INK #22 - Challenge Yourself

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: Artful INKables (Bug & Blossom Mandalas); Cardstock: Wausau (Kraft); Ink: Ranger (Sepia); Glitter: Stickles (Xmas Red, Gunmetal), Martha Stewart (Garnet); Pearl Paint: Scribbles (Irridescent); Chipboard Word: Michaels; Adhesive: Xyron, ATG, Stampin' Up! (Dimensionals)

8 comments:

Kim said...

Great technique and your card turned out beautifully!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

What a fun technique!! Love the sparkle too!!

Patti said...

Welcome home! Beautiful card, fun technique!

Joy said...

I love love how this turned out!

Jingle said...

I absolutely love this! So beautifully created! Great work!

Gloria said...

Love the brick wall technique!! Great card!

Cheryl said...

This turned out GREAT! I love the sparkle and the great technique.

Anesha said...

Great card, love this technique.