Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Altered Sewing Kit - Artful INKables


When I saw this adorable pink sewing kit in Michaels' Dollar Section earlier this month I just knew  had to alter it in some way and use Artful INKables' new Sew You rubber stamp set.


I measured the front of the sewing kit and then cut a base piece, rounding the corners to fit. On top of that I placed a piece of solid paper that I had created a collage using some of the smaller stamps from the set.


Here is a shot of everything that came in the set. Not too bad for only $1. I especially like the paper measuring tape - kinda vintage-looking.


Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: Artful INKables (Sew You); Patterned Paper: BasicGrey; Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black); Sewing Kit: Michaels

7 comments:

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Super cute project, Alicia!!

Gloria said...

Love it!! I may have to get one of these when I come down if they still have them. Would make a cute gift for Xmas gift exchange at retired school personel.

Patti said...

Super adorable! Love the paper tape measure too!

Katie Skiff said...

That is super cute, anyone would love it!!

Dawn said...

I totally love this and I am so gonna cop it!!! You did a great job with it!

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww this is super cute hun!!! Love it! :)
Hugs,
Cheryl

craft_princess said...

Great kit for a buck and love how you decorated it!