Sunday, July 18, 2010

Card Tag Round 4 - The Reveal

Some of you may remember me putting out a call for players in another round of Card Tag - this being Round 4. Well, the game has been played and it is time for the big reveal. It is so much fun to see how much a card can change from beginning to end. It is almost like the 'Operator' game we played as kids, only instead of whispering to the next player, you give them a card to interpret.

Here is a look at the first and last cards of the round to see how much change there was...
And now here is a look at all of the wonderful cards. Thanks to everyone who played along.

I started the game off with this card...
The layout of the card took inspiration from Got Sketch? 101. Instead of having the squares be on the right, I placed them on the left side of the card and extended the one rectangle a bit.

Next up was my mom, Gloria.
She pretty much stuck to the layout and theme, but used some black & white vintage images instead of patterned paper.

The card above was passed along to Joni...
For her card she was inspired by the ladies' accessories theme, friendship sentiment and layout from the previous card. She did decide to change the color palette from black & white to gray & pink.

Linda was next up and here is the card she created...
She used several things from the above card for inspiration: girly subject, pinks & grays, and bling.

Denise was chosen to go next and here is her final creation...
While changing the 'theme' of the card, Denise kept the same basic layout as the previous card.

Heather's turn was next and here is her card...
She was again inspired by the layout of the previous card, but she changed up the theme to be more masculine.

The card then 'mowed' along to Barbara who created this card for the game...
She used the same layout as the card above, but switched it to a sweet cupcake-y birthday theme.

Next up was Jennifer...
While she was inspired by the cupcake theme and use of buttons and border punches, she switched the layout for a vertical card.

The next player was Melissa, who created this bird-iful card...
She kept basically the same layout as the card above, but offset the image to the left of center.

And last, but certainly not least, came Sue's turn...
Sue was inspired by the purples in the previous card and also decided to use a bird image - hers being a print instead of a stamp.

I hope you all enjoyed seeing the transition as much as I did. If you want to join in on the next round of card tag, make sure to follow my blog as the spots can fill up quickly. I plan on a new game in August of 2010.

6 comments:

Jennifer E. said...

I love all the cards! Thanks for letting me play. I really enjoyed it and hope I can do so again in the future.

jonim52 said...

Oh what fun! Every card is awesome. Thanks for organizing and I can't wait to play again!

Karin said...

How fun! I was too chicken to sign up and play, since I had never done one. I get it now and it is such a clever idea! Loved seeing the progression and the projects were fabuolous :)

Sue said...

I think the best part of playing (for me at least!) is seeing how the card morphs as it goes from one to the next. Great takes on each one. I'll be in line when you start the next tag, Alicia!

Katie Skiff said...

That is always so funny to see how differently they all end up.

Heather the MooseLover said...

What a great round! Thanks so much Alicia! This is such a great exercise in creativity plus the reveal is always so much fun!

You are the hostess with the mostest- I'll definitely play again!