Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sentimental Sundays #10 - Celebration


The newest challenge at Sentimental Sundays is to create a Celebration card using a quote or sentiment. When I think of celebrations, the first thing that comes to mind are birthdays. For this week's sample I have used Papertrey Ink's Birthday Basics set to create a clear card.


I created a smaller card to go inside the clear card blank; this will hold any personalized message to the recipient without having it seen from the front. On the inside front of the card base I placed a white damask sticker. Putting it on the inside gave just a bit of space between it and the sentiment; which I stamped using StazOn.


To finish off the card I added a satin bow, I made with the Bow Easy tool and some gems. Since I didn't have any teal gems I used my StazOn ink pad to color these. Although the color isn't as rich as the sentiment or bow, it does help to tie the gems in a bit more than if I would have left them clear.

Make sure to check out what the rest of the Sentimental Sundays DT created for this week's challenge. You can find the links and photos on the challenge post or from the DT link list to the left. Also, don't forget to check out this week's digital stamp set freebie...
Challenges used for this card:
Sentimental Sundays - #10 Celebrations

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Birthday Basics); Patterned Paper: Colorbök (Sweet Blooms); Cardstock: ShortCuts (Clear), Georgia Pacific (White); Ink: StazOn (Teal Blue); Gems: The Paper Studio; Ribbon: Unknown (Satin); Sticker: Heidi Swapp (White Damask); Adhesive: Glue Dots (Memory Book), 3M (ATG)

5 comments:

Anesha said...

Fab card, love it.

Gloria said...

Love the sticker and the bow

Cheryl said...

Wonderful card! I love how you used the acetate.

BonnieRose said...

such a wonderful card again this week! hugs and Hv a great Sunday! hugs xo

Kimberly S said...

Beautiful card, love the colors you chose! :)