Monday, July 19, 2010

Stitched With Love Shadow Box - Artful INKables


I know I have told you before that I am love with the new Sew You stamp set from Artful INKables, but I think I have found my new love... this shadow box I created using the Sew You stamp set!!!


I am famous for purchasing items to alter and then letting them sit unused in my craft room. I figured the unfinished little shadow box I bought at the Dollar Tree (yes, it was only $1!!) would meet the same fate. But guess what, it didn't!!


I painted the shelf with an off-white acrylic paint and while it was drying I decorated 8 squares to adhere inside. On 4 of the squares I stamped images from the Sew You set, then sponged ink on the edges. The remaining 4 squares are patterned paper that I stitched around the edge, then sponged the edges as well. It is hard to tell in the picture, but before I placed each of the patterned squares in the box, I placed a piece of foam tape in the center. This gives a slight 'pillow' effect to those squares.


The image was stamped onto a Martha Stewart doily die cut, then I stitched a quick line below it and added some pearls. To tie it in with the squares I also sponged the edges. For some added 'strength' I applied a coat of Mod Podge to the die cut.

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: Artful INKables (Sew You); Patterned Paper: BasicGrey; Cardstock: Neenah (Natural Ice); Pearls: Crystal Stickers; Inks: Memento (Desert Sand, Rich Cocoa); Other: thread, sewing machine, Mod Podge, wood shadow box

10 comments:

Gloria said...

So glad that you used this cute shadow box. It was a very good buy now that you have created this cute project!!! Love it!

Suzie McFloozy said...

This is adorable - you are clever x
I never do anything like this - might have to have a go - thanks for the inspiration x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Joy said...

i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!

~*Joni said...

Well look at you sassy Alicia! ;) I leave Whimsie Doodles and you pull out all the stops with this fabulous find!!! heehee! On top of this being the cutest thing EVER, I am so happy you kept your signature woven background. Love it all my friend, beautiful details and the pillow effect definitely adds more depth than if you glued it flat.

Anesha said...

Lovely project!!

Patti said...

This is absolutely wonderful! Love everything about it!

LindaC said...

What a good buy on the shadow box, and you altered it so well. Love the sewing theme. I like how you sewed the paper squares before putting them in the boxes. Clever!

Tanya said...

I love the shadow box. You really showcased the set nicely in it.

Great job!!

craft_princess said...

This is gorgeous!!

Cheryl said...

This is beautiful!