Monday, September 13, 2010

Friendship Is Frame Card


As I was doing some 'purging' this weekend in my craft room I came upon a grab bag of stamps I bought from My Sentiments Exactly a couple of years ago. My plan was to go through them, figure out the ones I definitely wanted to keep, then find some homes for the remainder. I got about 10 stamps in before I stopped to make this card below.


The sentiment around the edge of the frame reads 'friendship is giving - friendship is caring - friendship is loving - friendship is sharing'. I can't believe I hadn't used this one before. It is so versatile for any type of friendship card giving occasion.


I stamped the frame in sepia ink onto a kraft cardstock. It was then cut and the corners were rounded. In the center I placed a double-layer butterfly die cut and created a trail behind it using gems. The patterned paper was hand cut across the top to follow the lace pattern, then everything was adhered to a kraft card base that I had used an impression plate on.


Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: My Sentiments Exactly (Friendship Is); Patterned Paper: BasicGrey (Porcelain); Cardstock: Wausau (Kraft); Ink: Ranger (Sepia); Die Cut: Quickutz (Butterfly); Gems: Unknown; Impression Plate: Papertrey Ink (Linen & Canvas)

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Love your card and the sentiment is so nice!
Can't believe you have had this great stamp for 2 years and haven't used it.
Hope you find lots more treasures.