Friday, October 15, 2010

Want S'more?!


Happy Friday!! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend planned. Today I thought I would share a card with you that uses some of the NEW releases from DRS Designs. If you haven't checked out their blog lately to see all of the wonderful ways the artists are using their stamps, I suggest you head on over THERE now for lots of eye candy.


For my card today I colored the Smooshed S'more (E382) with COPICs, then matted it with a chocolate brown cardstock. The S'more Greeting (K376) was stamped in the same brown ink, but this time onto Kraft cardstock.


To finish off the card I used the Marshmallow Background (H281) stamp and embossed it with white embossing powder. The other stamped pieces were mounted on top of the marshmallows, then some twine was tied on. The color combo on my card was inspired by a s'more itself... brown for the chocolate, kraft for the graham cracker and white for the marshmallow.


Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: DRS Designs (see links above); Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (White), Neenah (Solar White), Wausau (Kraft), Unknown (Brown); Ink: Memento (Rich Cocoa), Versamark; Border Punch: EK Success; Embossing Powder: Unknown (White); Twine: The Jewelry Shoppe

7 comments:

Gloria said...

Love your card. The embossed marshmellows is so clever and I that image is adorable. Great job!!!!

Jennifer E. said...

Too cute! love the white on white background and the twine embelly!

Karin said...

Super cute! Love that squished s'more!

scrapn_momof2 said...

The embossed marshmellows are too clever. Adorable card!

Cheryl said...

This is so cute!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Adorable, Alicia! Love the layout.

kim c said...

so cute!!!!