Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mojo Monday 163 - DRS Designs


When I saw this week's Mojo Monday Sketch (#163) I just knew I had to try it out. The tall skinny rectangle on the left with the 'curvy header' really drew me in.


For my card today I used the NEW Delightful November Greeting (G473) from DRS Designs. After I stamped the sentiment on a piece of note card, I sponged the edges with some light brown ink. It was then matted with red cardstock and the 'header' was made from the same red, but it was embossed.


To finish the card off I added a sponged paper doily, some sheer ribbon and a glittered button that had been tied on with twine. To see what the rest of the DRS Designs DT is doing with all of the NEW Releases, make sure to stop by the blog HERE.

Challenges used for this card:
Mojo Monday - Sketch 163
Paper Issues - Peer Pressure Challenge Scallops

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamp: DRS Designs (sdfsfs); Cardstock: Unknown; Inks: StudioG (red); Memento (Desert Sand); Ribbon: Robert Stanley (sheer brown); Glitter: Stickles (Xmas Red); Buttons: Foo Fa La (clear); Embossing: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots); Border Punch: Fiskars (Upper Crest); Other: Note Card, Twine

6 comments:

Gloria said...

Love it!!! The sentiment with the embossed header is so Lovely

Janelle said...

Very cute card! We are into lots of rain for our November, so I'll add No dreary rainy days to the list. LOL

KateB said...

very cute...love that glittered button!

Karin said...

Great job on the sketch and I love the use of the doily! Great card :)

Jennifer E. said...

What a neat sketch! Love how you used the notebook paper and the doily! This is so elegant and really shows off that saying!

kim c said...

love the glittered button idea. tfs.