Saturday, January 15, 2011

oh baby.


One of my dear friends recently gave birth to a precious baby girl, so the need for a card arose. After perusing all of my baby-related stamp sets I settled on Oh Baby from The Greeting Farm and a StudioG $ stamp that reads "oh baby."

The colors were inspired by a recent picture I saw of cute little Abby. She was sound asleep on a blanket with lots of bright colors. Normally 'bright' is not my forté, but I gave it a go anyway. The layout was inspired by the latest Clean & Simple Stamping Sketch (#122).

After stamping on the colored squares with watermark ink, I heat embossed them with clear powder. After seeing the inspiration photo from the new Cupcake Inspirations Challenge (CIC93), my original plan was to emboss them with white powder. Guess what?! I don't own any white embossing powder! Must remedy that ASAP.

For the blue border strip on the left side, I stamped and clear embossed it using a tiny dotted background stamp, then used a border punch for the decorative edge.

For the embellishment I adhered a circle of brightly striped patterned paper to the back of a clear button. Once the glue was dry some bright pink sheer ribbon was strung through and tied into a bow. The sentiment is from the TGF stamp set and I only adhered the left half to the card, so I could 'pop up' the right edge a bit.


Challenges used for this card:
Stamp Something - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - #40 Let's Tie One On
Cupcake Inspirations - CIC93

Clean & Simple Stamping - Sketch 122

 Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: The Greeting Farm (Oh Baby), StudioG, Stampin' Up! (Itty Bitty Backgrounds); Patterned Paper: DCWV (Citrus Matstack); Cardstock: SU! (Bold Brights), Georgia Pacific (white); Ink: Versamark, Memento (Tuxedo Black); Button: Foo Fa La (clear); Border Punch: EK Success; Other: Sheer Ribbon, Clear Embossing Powder

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Love it!!!

Rachel Hope said...

Adorable! Crisp and Bright! Love it!!! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!