Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wonderful Friend Card


My friend Barbara would be so proud of my clean and simple card today. Not only did I ink up a neglected Papertrey Ink stamp set, I also created my own background using the coordinating border strip! I have always told her I did not have enough patience to do the repeated lining up and stamping necessary, but I have always admired the cards she did using this technique. I have to say - it wasn't as tedious as I thought it would be.

The colors for my card (yellow, white and gray) were inspired by this week's challenge at The Shabby Tea Room (#45) and Moxie Fab's Gray is the New Black Challenge. You were to take inspiration from the provided photo (see thumbnail below) and create a card using white and one other color. I chose yellow for my other color and gray for the allowed neutral.

Just the Details… (1) Stamped the decorative frame in light gray onto yellow dot pattern, (2) Stamped silhouette of sunflowers in yellow, then adhered the punched out image with foam dots, (3) Used a text border strip, stamped in gray, at bottom of card, (4) sentiment was also stamped in gray.

Challenges used for this card:
The Shabby Tea Room - #45 White and Bright
 SCS Technique Lover's Challenge - TLC308 Silhouettes
Moxie Fab - Gray is the New Black
A Passion for Papertrey - Out of Your Comfort Zone 

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: PaperTrey Ink (Round & Round), Hampton Art (Border Background); Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (white), Unknown (gray); Inks: StudioG (yellow), Memento (London Fog); Paper Punches: EK Success (1 3/4" circle), Unknown (Corner Rounder)

12 comments:

Gloria said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!!!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Beautiful color. Love the design. :)

veronica said...

very mod! love it.

Barbara DeBose said...

OMG!!!! I love it. You did such a great job. Way to go!

Debbie said...

CAS and pretty ... love that lemon yellow palette! Thanks for sharing with us this week in the Tea Room :)

Aimes said...

I LOVE the CAS style of this card! Your patience has paid off as your background is fab!
Thanks so much for joining us on A Passion for Papertrey!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Karin said...

Awesome card! Love the gray and yellow color combo!

Nicole said...

So pretty - looks like spring to me! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card, Alicia...so perfect for all three challenges!

Melinda Spinks said...

Simple and beautiful. Love it!

cbuswell said...

Wonderful creation! Thanks for joining us this week at the Shabby Tea Room! : )

Cath said...

Hey Alicia! Thanks for entering the Gray is the New Black challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)