Monday, February 7, 2011

Timeless Love - Woodware USA Debut and Blog Hop


Welcome to the next stop on the Woodware USA blog hop and my first post as a WWUSA DT member!! If you came here from the Woodware USA Blog, you are on the right track. If not, please make sure to visit the blog HERE to get all of the rules and details, including how you can win a FREE stamp set from the Woodware USA online store!

For my card today I have used Woodware USA's Elegant Cameos set (pictured at left). To get started, I stamped one of the silhouettes and the double-lined oval with Versamark ink onto natural cardstock. Both of these images were heat-embossed with red sparkly embossing powder, cut out, then adhered to the card front.

To prepare the card base I used a piece of clear cardstock from ShortCuts. On the inside of the card I adhered a piece of patterned paper, then on the front I layered pink and red cardstock to coordinate. The pink CS was dry embossed, then I used some light tan ink to bring out the embossed pattern a bit. Since this week's challenge (WWUSAC13) at the Woodware USA blog is to create a project using a ribbon or bow, I added some red grosgrain across the front of the card, then topped it off with a bow.

For the sentiment I used some glitter alpha stickers to spell out 'Love'. Next I inked up just the 'timeless' portion of the 'So timeless' stamp from the Elegant Cameos set and stamped it onto natural cardstock. After trimming out the word, and rounding the corners, I used some tan ink to distress the edges.


Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment. Now you are off to Anne's blog for even more inspiration...

This just in: Receive 15% off all Woodware USA orders by entering code: DISCOUNT during checkout on the payment page. No minimum required.

Basic Blog Hop Rules
  1. You don’t have to participate in challenge to be eligible for the blog hop prize
  2. You must visit all blogs and leave a comment.
  3. Visit the Woodware USA site and pick your favorite Woodware USA set and list it in your comment on the Woodware USA blog at the end of the hop
  4. The blog hop will end Thursday at 8:00 pm EST with the announcement of the winner on Friday by 10:00 AM EST. 

Challenges used for this card:
Woodware USA - WWUSA13 Ribbon/Bow
Moxie Fab World - Appearance of Cameos Challenge
Waltzingmouse - Sketch 33
 Allsorts - #89 Love Love Love
Crazy 4 Challenges - C4C73 Valentine's Day
Craft Your Days Away - Photo Inspiration

 Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Clear Stamps: Woodware USA (Elegant Cameos); Patterned Paper: Making Memories (Je t'adore - Tres Jolie Brocade); Cardstock: ShortCuts (clear), Bazzill (Guava Sensation, Cherry Splash), Neenah (Natural Ice); Ink: Versamark, StudioG (red), Memento (Desert Sand); Ribbon: Miss Elizabeth's (red grosgrain); Stickers: Making Memories (Shimmer Alpha); Die Cut: Spellbinders (Beaded Ovals); Embossing Powder: Stampendous (Red Tinsel); Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Textile); Punch: EK Success (Corner Rounder); Other: Bow Easy Tool

18 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, how exciting! I love blog hops! :) And congratulations on the DT spot... Your card looks amazing! I love how you managed to use so much sparkle without making it look overcharged.


Hugs,
Laura

Anne said...

Alicia!! Welcome Welcome Welcome! It's wonderful to have you and your awesome craftiness on the DT!! I love this new set you used and how you created a little vintage looking cameo with the silhouette!! Awesome!
Hugs,
Anne

Gloria said...

Alicia, awesome card!!! Love the cameo look and the glitter letters!

Barbara DeBose said...

What a stunning card!! And your bow is simply perfect!!!

I think I need to come "borrow" this set from you. I love it.

Nancy said...

Alicia, we are so excited to have you on board!! Your design is amazing, and I love the pops of red!! Beautiful job with this very elegant set!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful love the colors
Jen

Harriet Skelly said...

Welcome Alicia - I am looking forward to working with you on the team! I love your card - what a great stamp set - that is now in my list to get!!

isu.alum said...

Beeeeuuuuteeeeful Alicia! I always love seeing your awesome creations and your set photography/storyboards...This set is something I wouldn't have thought to get but I like what you've done with it!!! The ribbon is fabulous! Welcome to the team!

Kerry

Lillian Child said...

You card creation is so very lovely. These new cameo images are so fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us!

Dee in N.H. said...

How pretty! I love the way you used the glitter!

Rachel Hope said...

Stunning!!!! Love it all!!! Sorry I am going to miss playing along with you on the DT!

Suzanne :O ) said...

Alicia, this card is stunning! The cameos remind me of my grandmother, I think I might have to get this set next! I love that you embossed the image in red, and hello, your bow is PERFECT! :D

Dawn said...

So happy to have you on the team hon! You did a great job with these sets and your card is so yummy! Thanks for everything!

Sammibug said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful!

Tamika said...

beautiful card, I love that you used the color red for the cameo, very nice touch.

~ Kendra ~ said...

WOW....such a BEAUTIFUL card!! I love it! Love the alyout!

Lisa R said...

Love your designs. thanks for being part of the hop!

Cath said...

Hey Alicia! Thanks for entering the Appearance of Cameos challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)