Friday, March 25, 2011

Papertrey Ink March 2011 Blog Hop


I am so excited to be participating in my first Papertry Ink Blog Hop!! This month's challenge is to incorporate embroidery floss in a unique way. Since most of my PTI sets are sentiments I decided to use their Out On A Limb set for this card. I thought it would be a great opportunity to learn how to create french knots. (Thanks Barbara for your help with those!)

I started by stamping the branch and sentiment onto off-white cardstock with brown ink, then I added the cherry blossom stamp in pink. On each of the branches I placed a french knot on the center dot; making sure to pre-pierce the hole to make the needle go through the CS easier. Once all of the french knots were complete I used foam tape to adhere the image to a larger die cut of the same shape. This was placed onto the card blank which had the bottom embossed, a patterned strip across the center and some white inking on the edges.

There is still a little time to play along, so you can check out all of the details HERE.


Just the details… (1) Used pink floss to create french knotx on the center dot on each of the branches, (2) used foam dots to adhere and an embossing folder on bottom half for more texture and depth, (3) used the trio dot stamp that came with the set next to the sentiment and again made a french knot on just one of them.

Challenges used for this card:

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Out On A Limb); Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Fine & Dandy); Cardstock: Neenah (Natural Ice), Wausau (Kraft); Inks: Memento (Rich Cocoa), CTMH (Daisy); Embossing: Cuttlebug (Polka Dots); Die Cuts: Spellbinders (Labels Four, Labels Four Small)

19 comments:

Jen Carter said...

Love this card! The knots for the tree branch are adorable! So pretty!

Katie Gehring said...

Glad you joined for a blog hop. Your card is beautiful. I love the knots as blooms!!

Monica K. said...

Love the knots on the branch. Great card! It's my first blog hop too! :)

Ravengirl said...

Good work on the french knots! Mine gave me horrible fits! Yours looks so nice and they make fabulous cherry blossoms!

Gloria said...

Love it!!!

Kristii said...

congrats on your first hop!!! Love your card!! So pretty and the knots on the branch are perfect!!

Melis said...

Alicia - I had such a great time tonight crafting with you and Barbara! I love, love, LOVE this card, especially the knots on the branch! Simply stunning!

Cyndie said...

This card is so pretty! I think it's one of my favorites! I just love the French knots in the delicate pattern, and the patterned paper die cut underneath. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Gorgeous card, Alicia. Love the colors and the stamps you've used.

June K. said...

Very lovely card. Your french knots are so nicely done.

Donna said...

Very pretty card, and congrats and great job on the French Knot, will have to try that one!!
Donna

Charlene said...

Really pretty!

Eva said...

GORGEOUS colors and the knots for the blossoms are awesome!

Dana said...

So pretty! I love it!

Ohhh Snap said...

Gorgeous card! Love the cherry blossom feel of it with the colors and the french knots. TFS!

Mel said...

I love your card, it is Beautiful.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty! Great French knots and simplicity to this card.

nancy jane said...

This is my first time joining in the blog hop, too. Because of that, I was determined to visit each of the entries and I'm glad that I have because I seen some amazing cards. Out on a Limb is the perfect set to use with the French knots. This is lovely, just right for sending a note of sympathy.

hartdesigns said...

Sympathy cards are never really beautiful, thoughtful but not something you want to keep. THIS IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SYMPATHY CARD I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!! Thank you for thinking out of the box and sharing this beautiful card.