Sunday, March 27, 2011

Shared With A Friend - Clear Card Class #1

Last weekend I traveled back 'home' to Iowa to teach a class at my sister's NEW store in Ottumwa - Craft & Hobby Connection. During the class we used clear and frosted cardstock; what I used to sell as ShortCuts, to create 3 cards and a couple altered items. I will be sharing the cards we made over the next week or so here on my blog.

The first card, featuring two paper-pieced cups of coffee on the front, would be a great one to send to a good friend. This was my first time using the pre-embossed cardstock from Bazzill and I have to say, I loved it. My plan was to use a dotted embossing folder, but this was a bit quicker and still added good texture.

Just the details… (1) Paper pieced two coffee cup images and adhered to the front with foam dots, (2) used pre-embossed cardstock and a scalloped border punch on the front pieces, (1) wrapped twine three times around card front, then tied them together with a matching bow.

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: Hero Art (Thank You For Being My Friend), Inkadinkado (Patterned Coffee Cups); Patterned Paper: The Paper Studio; Cardstock: ShortCuts (Clear), Bazzill Dotted Swiss (Slipper, Ballet, Pirouette), Neenah (Natural Ice); Twine: The Twinery (Caribbean); Border Punch: Stampin' Up! (scallop); Ink: Ranger (Sepia); Other: Corner Rounder

3 comments:

Danni said...

Love this card! So pretty!

Gloria said...

Great card and the class was so much fun.

Zafran ali said...

Nice card, please keep it up great work....I like ur great work.

Clear Cards