Monday, April 25, 2011

Papertrey April Blog Hop Challenge

I had such a fun time playing along with last month's Papertrey Ink blog hop (see my card HERE), that I just had to join in the fun this month as well. Today is the April Blog Hop and the new challenge is to create a masculine card.

I used two stamp sets from Papertrey Ink for this card (Big Birthday Wishes & It's Official), as well as their Spiral Notebook Page die. The clear card base is from ShortCuts and I created a small inner card to 'hide' the personal message. For a more masculine feel I used some gold metallic half pearls, inked the edges of die cut for some distressing and used my new houndstooth border die from Lifestyle Crafts.
Just the details… (1) Used blue, green and yellow inks for the stamping to coordinate with papers, (2) Added some gold metallic half pearls and inked the edges of notebook die cut, (3) Used a houndstooth border die as the bottom layer on card front, (4) Knotted some twine around die cut, threading the left half through one of the spiral hole punches.

If you check out PTI's post HERE there are lots of links to other cards for the challenge.

Challenges used for this card:
Papertrey Ink - April Blog Hop

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: Papertrey Ink (Big Birthday Wishes, It's Official); Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Home - Photo Mat Blue); Cardstock: ShortCuts (clear), Neenah (Natural Ice); Inks: Studio G (Gold, Green, Blue); Twine: The Jewelry Shoppe; Die Cut: Papertrey Ink (Spiral Notebook Page), Lifestyle Crafts (Houndstooth border); Pearls: The Paper Studio (Gold Metallic)

11 comments:

good_day1214 said...

Love the springy colors you used, yet still totally feels like a guy-card with the great houndstooth die cuts. Great job on your card!

Karen said...

just love the way you use the notebook die cut brilliant

Suzanne said...

Alicia, love the clear cardstock and the colors you used here!

Jen Carter said...

Such a fun card! I love that you used acetate for the base!

Anne said...

Nice card! I like how you used the houndstooth border!

Marybeth said...

I love this card on the clear card stock . It looks great. Can't wait to try it.

Chris Simon said...

This is great! The happy colors, the patterns, the clear cardstock, everything. I especially love the notebook die panel with the grid pattern and the different colors of ink.

Ingrid Danvers said...

What a great card, Alicia. I love the colors and your design. Great to see a Shortcuts clear card. ;-)

Mindy said...

Love your card!!! I love that it is on a clear base & the twine adds that masculine touch. Great color choice for a man, too ;-)

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card, I really like the clear cardstock base and the colours are great.

jen said...

Love the clear card base & the way you made the bright colors feel masculine! :)