Monday, May 16, 2011

Flutter By Butterfly - Woodware USA Challenge #27

Pin It
Fort this week's challenge on the Woodware USA blog (WWUSAC27) we are asking our fans and readers to share a project based upon the sketch to the left. For my card I have used Woodware USA's Garden Greetings stamp set.

I started by cutting out five (5) patterned paper pennants and five (5) kraft scalloped pennants. I used the little butterfly from Garden Greetings and stamped it at various locations on the pink paper. After stamping and cutting out five (5) butterflies on a floral paper, they each were adhered to a pennant.

After stringing the pennants on some Honeydew twine from The Twinery, I adhered them with foam dots across the card. To finish the card I stamped 'flutter by butterfly…' repeatedly across the bottom of the card.

Make sure to stop by the challenge post to see the rest of the design team cards and get the details how you can play along and be entered to win Woodware USA's monthly prize!


Just the details… (1)The butterflies and pennants were adhered with foam tape to the card, (2) Pierced whole in top two corners of pennant so I could string them on the twine, (3) Used brown ink to stamp the sentiment across the card front.

Challenges used for this card:
Woodware USA - #27 Sketch

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Rubber Stamps: Woodware USA (Garden Greetings); Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Fine and Dandy); Cardstock: Wausau (kraft); Inks: Memento (Tuxedo Black), Ranger (Sepia); Die Cuts: Spellbinders (Nested Pennants, Nested Lacey Pennants); Twine: The Twinery (Honeydew)

8 comments:

Gloria said...

Great card!!! Love the butterflies ont the pennants. Super cute!

thestampingbug said...

Such a great card. Love the pennant banner and the color scheme.

Kerry

Harriet Skelly said...

I love your pennants and butterflies! What a fun card!!

Kellylouj said...

Fabulous card x

Suzanne :O ) said...

what a sweet card, I LOVE your little banner and that patterned paper is SO yummy!

Tifany said...

Great use of The Twinery's twine! Fabulous job!

-Tifany
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com
{DT Member @ The Twinery}

Nancy said...

Alicia, is it possible to be in love with a card? Well, I was in love when I first saw it!! It is perfection!

Diane said...

Fab take on the sketch Alicia !!

hugs Diane xx