Monday, May 23, 2011

Stemware Charms - Woodware USA Anything Goes Challenge

For this weeks' Anything Goes Challenge (WWUSAC28) at the Woodware USA blog, I decided to create a non-card project. As soon as I received Woodware USA's Cocktails stamp set in the mail, I knew I wanted to make Stemware Charms with it. These could make a fun party favor for a Girl's Night In Party, a Bridal Shower, etc.

I started by stamping each of the drink images from the set (see thumbnail at left) onto shrink plastic using StazOn ink. After coloring them in with colored pencils (I tried my COPIC markers, but the image ink ran if I touched it with the marker), I punched a hole above each image, then hand-cut them out; making sure to leave some extra plastic around the punched hole.

Once I had shrunk the plastic using my embossing gun, there was a small hole above the image that I threaded through a jump ring, then placed onto a 1" Round Stemware Hoop. The pencil coloring is pretty light before you shrink the plastic, but becomes much darker as the charm shrinks.

Make sure to check out THIS post to see the rest of the fabulous design team projects and find out how you can play along and be entered to win our monthly prize!
Just the details… (1) Each charm was placed on a jump ring, then onto the stemware hoop, (2) After heating the image / charm shrinks to about 50% of original size, (3) A full shot of the glass and charms.

Challenges used for this card:
Woodware USA - #28 Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: Woodware USA (Cocktails); Shrink Plastic: PolyShrink (translucent); Jewelry Findings: The Jewelry Shoppe (Silver Jump Rings, Stemware Hoops); Colored Pencils: Prismacolor; Ink: StazOn (Jet Black)

7 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

Alicia I love these charms - what a perfect project to make with this set!

mitch1066 said...

What a wonderful idea,i love it:)

Gloria said...

Such a clever idea and so lovely for a party.

Did you have any trouble with the shrink plastic wanting to curl up. If so, how did you fix it?

Suzanne :O ) said...

those charms are so cute, what a great project! that would be such a cute handmade gift! :D

Nancy said...

Alicia, the charms are fantastic! I forget that I too could make these little gems!! Awesome!

Diane said...

What a great idea Alicia !! Love them !!

hugs Diane xx

thestampingbug said...

You know, I was thinking of making some charms too but I didn't have any shrink plastic...FUN!!!Those will be useful!

Kerry