I Have Moved...

I Have Moved...
I hope you will join me at my new crafty 'home'. Click the logo above to be taken to my new blog - She's Making Cards.
Looking for the Personalized Teacher Note Card printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.
Looking for the 2012 Calendar Printable FREEBIE? Click HERE.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Batty 4 U - Whimsie Doodles September Challenge


Pin ItBeginning this month I am the new Challenge Coordinator for Whimsie Doodles! For September challenge, I have posted a Photo Inspiration Challenge. I found the picture to the left while searching for Halloween scenes online and was thrilled when Sally J Shim said I could repost for the challenge. I just loved the clean and simple feel of it, but there was also lots of different items/ideas to take inspiration from.

For my card I have used the NEW Halloween Hootenannies (which are also available in a gift tag version) to create this business-sized card. The photo inspired the black banner, bat image, circle embossed with a spiderweb and the white/black/orange color combo.

All of the challenge details can be found {HERE} as well as lots of eye candy from the design team.
Just the details… (1) The banner flags were strung together with orange twine, (2) Used a spiderweb embossing folder for the image mat, (3) Added some white glitter to the '4' only, (4) Used foam dots to adhere most of the items for extra dimension.

Challenges used for this card:

Thanks for stopping by and, as always, comments are greatly appreciated!

Stamps: Whimsie Doodles (Halloween Hootenannies); Cardstock: COPIC (Xpress It Blending), Georgia Pacific (white), unknown (orange, black); Ink: Laser Printer; Markers: COPIC; Die Cut: Quickutz / Lifestyle Crafts (Chocolate font), Sizzix (Naturally Serif font), Spellbinders (Nested Pennants, Circles, Scalloped Circles); Twine: The Twinery (Mandarin); Glitter: Martha Stewart (white)